A Hospital Without Walls
- Committed to promoting knowledge and awareness of the most up-to-date practices and thinking, MHVI’s weekly cath lab conferences often feature lectures and case studies by national and international experts as well as presentations of specific MHVI cases.
- MHVI’s specialists also serve as consultants for cardiologists across the region, reviewing and analyzing between 300 and 600 complex cases monthly.
- Revascularization of complex chronic coronary total occlusion (CTO)
- Procedure depicting TAVR evaluation.
- Cath Lab staff are on site to receive Code Heart patients via MedSTAR air or ground transport.
Perfecting Tomorrow’s Technology Today
MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute is always among the first sites in the nation to evaluate new technology and procedures in interventional cardiology. MHVI is home to world-renowned authorities in the field who offer state-of-the-art and evolving interventional approaches including:
- Advanced therapies for treating chronic total occlusion (CTO)
- New stent platforms. MHVI was the first in the region to offer Absorb™—the first FDA-approved, fully dissolving, bioresorbable stent
Providing extensive experience, MHVI has one of the highest volume catheterization programs, averaging nearly 12,000 procedures annually at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
MHVI cardiac interventionalists are national leaders in adopting transradial catheterization, with specialists at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital using the newer approach in 80 percent or more of their cases. Based on the demand for the procedure at MedStar Union Memorial, they are constructing a dedicated Transradial Lounge.
Read More in the Capabilities Booklet:
To make the book full screen, click on the last icon to the right.