Expert care for the most challenging heart rhythm disorders
Need to Find a Doctor?
Choose an expert who is part of our Complex Arrhythmia Program.
Our Complex Arrhythmia Program is a specialized hub for physicians in the mid-Atlantic region to refer patients with even the most difficult arrhythmias. The advanced labs in our electrophysiology program allow us to provide complete management of these complex patients.
The challenging arrhythmias our doctors treat include:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial tachycardia, an uncommon form of supraventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular tachycardia
We offer a range of arrhythmia treatments, such as:
- Atrial fibrillation ablation, which creates scar tissue on the heart that interferes with abnormal electrical signals that can cause AFib
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
- Convergent, or maze procedure, an AFib ablation technique
- Devices to control abnormal heart rhythms, such as implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and pacemakers
In addition, we offer the WATCHMAN™ device for reducing patients’ chance of stroke related to AFib. We were one of the first programs in the area to offer this treatment option, and our doctors have more experience with it than anyone else in the mid-Atlantic region.