Cardiovascular Physician is published quarterly by MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute. It provides a forum to share clinical, research, and educational information in all of the specialties and subspecialties of cardiovascular care. Click below to read.
Download the PDF or read the highlighted articles below.
- Whether “horses” or “zebras” all patients benefit from expansive knowledge and experience.
- Heart transplant roundup.
- New interventional heart failure service optimizes and expands treatment.
- New NIH research collaboration spotlights novel applications of cardiac imaging.
- New cardiac surgery chair eager to piece together the big picture.
- Retrograde pedal access: An alternative approach for high-risk patients with peripheral arterial disease.
- A second look saves a patient’s limb.
- A lifesaving unroofing procedure for one nurse with an anomalous coronary artery.
- Application of “bloodless” surgery protocol achieves optimal care for all.
- Ultra-low contrast angiography reduces renal complications.
- Welcome new staff.
- News and notes.
- Cardiology eSupport: a new “bunker” offering remote consultations.
- Upcoming virtual conferences and courses.