Past issues of our publication for medical professionals
Cardiovascular Physician is published quarterly by MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute. It provides a forum to share clinical, research, and educational information in all of the specialties and subspecialties of cardiovascular care.
- Whether “horses” or “zebras” all patients benefit from expansive knowledge and experience.
- Heart transplant roundup.
- New interventional heart failure service optimizes and expands treatment.
- New NIH research collaboration spotlights novel applications of cardiac imaging.
- New cardiac surgery chair eager to piece together the big picture.
- Retrograde pedal access: An alternative approach for high-risk patients with peripheral arterial disease.
- A second look saves a patient’s limb.
- A lifesaving unroofing procedure for one nurse with an anomalous coronary artery.
- Application of “bloodless” surgery protocol achieves optimal care for all.
- Ultra-low contrast angiography reduces renal complications.
- Welcome new staff.
- News and notes.
- Cardiology eSupport: a new “bunker” offering remote consultations.
- Upcoming virtual conferences and courses.
- Traversing the Traditional Boundaries of Specialty Care
- The Heart of an Athlete
- The Heart-Brain Connection
- Two Centers of Excellence. one patient. Twenty Years of Cohesive Care.
- Expanding Cancer Treatments Require Unique Cardiac Care
- The Stress Test of a Woman’s Life
- Two Institutes. One Integrated Approach.
- Treating IST and POTS with the Novel Application of Hybrid Thoracoscopic Ablation
- Steven Goldstein, MD, Completes Active Career with the Same passion with which He Began
- New Center and New Technology Expand Cardiovascular Imaging Abilities
- News and Notes
- Welcome New Medical Staff
- Proving our mettle in a pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic turns virtual systems into reality
- In this pandemic, providers are part of the story
- A promising new use for ECMO
- I spend my days in the hospital as a vascular surgeon. I spent one week in the hospital as a patient with COVID-19.
- Clinical trials and research continue during COVID-19
- Powering people and process with the right technology
- Pioneering endovenectomy
- Vascular surgeons bring a boutique experience to the treatment of cosmetic and varicose veins
- 2020 Winter
- The Balancing Act of Medicine
- Heart-Brain Team Collaborates for PFO-Related Stroke Prevention
- MHVI Proving Ground for WATCHMAN, Next Generation LAA Occluder Devices
- 4 Heart Transplants in 3 Days
- New Iliac Branch Device Avoids Occlusion of Internal Iliac Artery in Repairing Aneurysm
- His Bundle Pacing: Improving OUtcomes for Pacemaker Patients
- 2019 Spring
- AFib: Expanding the Options
- MHVI Tests First-of-a-Kind Occluder Device for Transcaval TAVR
- Flexible Expertise in Cardiac Catheterizations
- Endovascular Revascularization: Critical Limb Ischemia
- Case Study: An Effective Treatment for Challenging Congestive Heart Failure Cases
- Cardiac Services Elevated at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- 2018 Winter
- 2017 Fall
- 2017 Spring/Summer