Convenient access to cardiac rehabilitation
Expert Heart & Vascular Care
Getting the care you need starts with seeing one of our heart or vascular specialists.
After a heart event, it can take some time to get back to your regular activities. Cardiac rehabilitation provides patients the opportunity to recover faster and with improved stamina, more independence, and reduced risk of future heart-related complications after illness or surgery.
Patients at MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital have access to a variety of amenities, including
- Advanced inpatient, outpatient, and day treatment programs
- Cardiac gym
- Convenient access via public transportation
- Coordinated care during the transition home
- Disease management education
- Experts in exercise therapy, imaging, and physiology
- On-site parking, with reduced price parking coupons for long-term patients
- Personalized exercise and education programs
- Therapy sessions that address daily self-care activities
- Weekly cardiac support
- Wi-Fi throughout the hospital
All of our cardiac rehabilitation programs are certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation. We are fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.